Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who, What, When, Why, How, To What Extent?


On Sundays I plan on giving a few thoughts on religion. These may be things that are weighing on my heart or things I find frustrating or interesting.

I in no way am a religious expert or guru of anything. I just will make simple observations and food for thought.

Today, is directed toward everyone... The believer, the nonbeliever, the ain't believing. Ask questions. So much in life we take for granted or we are satisfied with ignorance. Questions that bother us, nag us, and get to us, we don't seek answers for, and I am worst of all at falling into this trap. We as humans are curious, we need to feed and grow that. We should never be happy with not knowing.

If you are curious about a subject or a topic of any religion or faith you should seek sound knowledgeable answers from someone who knows what they are talking about. Or, better yet, go to the source!!! I recently have been looking for a copy of Dianetics for a comparative religion study on Scientology. If you can't find the answers you are looking for from one individual, look with that person for the solution so you can both come to an understanding.

Just some thoughts. Tomorrow will be back to my normal adventures!!!

Here are some good links...

Duane Sheriff Ministries-
Free CD's over various subjects, online church, free mp3 lessons, check under catalog!!!!

Online Bible-
Many different languages and translations.
I recommend the New American Standard

1 comment:

  1. Scientology is insane; research the last days of L. Ron Hubbard and why Germany listed them as a "dangerous cult." Perhaps this is the only right thing Germany has ever done...

    ReplyDelete