Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Vistas


Some religious thoughts on Sunday...

Our preacher is going through a series on Identity Theft, where we find our Identity and what that means for who we are. Some key questions there... Who are you? Is anyone or anything giving or dictating your Identity?

Secondly, I like to challenge myself with comparative religion studies, but I lack in the fact that I have not read the original sources. I am going to challenge myself to read, the Catholic parts of the Bible, the Koran, and the Book of Mormon.

I have read the Bible all the way through twice now and am always awed at all aspects of it. So I challenge anyone who has not read through the Bible to try, and if you are not a believer or are interested in knowing more a good place to start is in the Book of Matthew. When you do though get a good translation that is easy to read and understand... don't try and hack through the King James Version... that is difficult and tiring.

In other news I discovered that I like Riesling!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment